Head of Marketing and Communications, monthly retainer
The brief: Ongoing communications and marketing support for this grassroots music charity. It inspires, connects and opens doors to the music industry, so that minoritised young talent has an equal chance to realise their creative potential.
How I helped: Like many small non-profits,, the charity does not employ any permanent staff, its programmes are delivered by an entirely freelance team and it has limited capacity. Its communications activities were ad hoc – so I developed, and continue to deliver, a targeted and regular communications and marketing programme. This has included:
- Planning and delivering the marketing for several successful match funding fundraising campaigns, including The Big Give.
- Project managing a brand refresh and website redesign and managing the brand within agreed guidelines
- Copywriting – for blogs, e-newsletters, email and social media
- Commissioning and managing video content and photography to promote the charity’s programmes
- Social media content creation and management for channels including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, plus managing them
- One-to-one marketing coaching for emerging musicians on the charity’s career development programme.
Jennie Cashman Wilson, Founder and CEO, says:
“Ali is brilliant to work with! She has bags of experience, is proactive and knowledgeable and has produced quality comms and marketing campaigns for us. Her ability to be strategic and planned as well as jumping on opportunities and getting stuck in with all the team is especially valuable for a small charity with limited resources.”